A Review on Manganese Deficiency in Cannabis Plants
In recent years, more and more countries have been decriminalizing cultivation of cannabis plants for the purpose of promoting medical marijuana. As a result, many new caregivers are now venturing into cultivation of weed in support of patients that benefit from this plant. If you are a newbie grower, one of the important aspects to realize is that marijuana plants require adequate nutrients for proper growth. Manganese (Mn) is among the numerous minerals that cannabis plants require in order to grow properly. Essentially, manganese works in conjunction with enzymes to reduce nitrates during synthesis of proteins in marijuana plants. As a grower, it is essential to know how to prevent, detect, and treat this mineral deficiency.
Symptoms of Manganese Deficient Marijuana Plants
When there is a lack of manganese in your weed plants, discoloration of foliage are some of the early warning signs. Generally, the leaves will showcase a mild interveinal chlorosis when Mn levels are below the required range. Discoloration begins with the young leaves and latter progresses to older leaves. The early symptoms of manganese deficient marijuana plants may resemble that of iron deficient plants. However, as the Mn deficiency advances, affected leaves develop the yellow/brown molted leaves develop a metallic sheen which might be accompanied with some dark necrotic spots along the veins. In some plants, a purple hue develops on the top surface of leaves as well. The molted yellow-brown spots on affected foliage may cause the leaves to shred and fall apart.
Causes of Mn Deficiency in Cannabis Plants
Unlike other common mineral deficiencies, manganese is rarely deficient in marijuana plants. However, lack of Mn can result from pH that is too high. The water that you use as well as addition of fertilizers can significantly affect the pH level of soil or the nutrient solution. It is therefore important to always check pH levels constantly to ensure that they are within the required range. Alternatively, a high amount of iron can inhibit intake of manganese in marijuana plants. This is likely to occur if the fertilizers being added to the growth medium contain a high concentration of iron compounds. Poor nutrition can also cause manganese deficiency when growing your marijuana in hydroponics, but this mineral is often found in most types of soils used to grow pot.
How to Treat Manganese Deficiency in Marijuana
While there are effective remedies that can be applied to treat manganese deficiencies in marijuana plants, prevention is always better than cure. This is in consideration of the fact that nutrient disorders not only slow down growth, but compromise on yields.
Before trying to correct manganese deficiency in marijuana, make sure to determine whether the problem was caused by pH imbalance, poor nutrition or nutrient toxicity. To address manganese deficiencies caused by pH problems, and adjust the pH between 6.0 and 6.6 when growing your plants in soil or between 5.5 and 6.0 when growing your plants in hydroponics. Finally, make sure to flush out the cannabis plant system with dilute water along with half the amount of nutrients required by the plant.
- The Procedure for Acquiring a Permit to Grow and Sell Medical Marijuana in California
- Boron Deficiency in Marijuana Plants
- Molybdenum Deficiency in Cannabis Plants
- The Procedure for Getting a Medical Marijuana Card in California
- Calcium Deficiency in Marijuana Plants
- How to make Cannabutter
- Sulfur Deficiency in Marijuana Plants
- Potassium Deficiency in Cannabis Plants
- Treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease and Medical Marijuana
- The Importance of Regulating pH When Growing Marijuana Plants
- Treatment of Cachexia and Medical Marijuana
- Chronic Pain Treatment with Medical Marijuana
- Treatment of Cancer with Medical Marijuana
- The History Behind the Discovery of Marijuana
- Reasons to Prune Your Marijuana Plants
- Growing Cannabis in the Right Soil
- Benefits of Cloning Marijuana Plants
- The Occurrence of Hermaphroditism in Cannabis Plants
- An Examination Of Cannabis’ Effects
- Cannabis Cultivation Outdoors
- Comparing Aeroponics And Hydroponics
- Planting Cannabis the Easy Way
- How to cure Nutrient Deficiencies in Marijuana Plants
- Using the Nutrient Film Technique for Growing Marijuana
- What to do if a Marijuana Plant was Knocked Down
- How to Pass a Marijuana Drug Test by Tampering
- Marijuana and Marijuana Inspired Christmas Gift Ideas
- Marijuana Banana Bread Recipe
- Cannabis And Arthritis
- Should Marijuana Or Cannabis Be Legalized?
- Some Benefits Of Medical Cannabis
- Useful Tips For New Marijuana Growers
- Info On Marijuana’s Flowering Stage
- Marijuana Grow Room Ideas
- Passing a Marijuana Drug Test
- Orange Bud Marijuana
- Marijuana or Weed?
- Marijuana Equipment
- Know about Marijuana and Soil
- Marijuana and Mangoes