Beginning your Flavor Cure
Now that we have gone over the steps to properly cure your marijuana, you are ready to begin the process of adding different flavors to the buds. Again, newbies, please have a few cures under your belt before getting adventurous! You will be grateful for the experience, even though you are anxious to start experimenting. Remember, you do not want to have to throw out your entire harvest because you do not know what you are doing.
Once your marijuana buds have cured for a few days, you can test their readiness by bending one of the buds very gently. If it emits a slight crackling sound, you are ready to move forward to the next step of flavor curing your marijuana. If it is still very damp, give it another day. This part of the process usually only takes about three days, so watch carefully.
First, you will need some specific equipment for this part of the process. Do not panic; these are low-cost items available in almost any store where there is a cooking or canning section. All of these items can also be ordered online, and since they are so commonly used, no one will think twice when you are purchasing them. This is a bonus for discretion!
- You will need a large jar with an airtight lid. This could be a quart sized canning jar with a wide mouth, a self-sealing jar with the latch-type lid, or even an old mayonnaise or peanut butter jar that has been thoroughly cleaned.
- A length of cheesecloth. This is available in the cooking section of most larger stores, but is also widely available in craft stores or fabric stores. It is very inexpensive and comes in packages that will provide enough material for several cures. In a pinch, you can use a very thin dishtowel, but the flavors are better when the cheesecloth is used.
- Thin cotton string such as kite string. Again, this can be found just about anywhere. I have also used ribbon, and really any type of thick string is fine. I just prefer the cotton string because it is easier for me to tie tightly.
- Your choice of flavoring agent. The recipes will follow, but be aware that you will need more than you think you will in order to get the best possible results.
- For citrus flavorings, you are going to need access to baking sheets and an oven. For other flavoring agents, a sharp kitchen knife will do the trick.
Now that you have all of the necessary equipment gathered up but before I start on the actual step-by-step instructions, a few words about cleanliness. It is vitally important to the success of the cure to make sure all of your equipment is completely clean and dry. Wash the jars with hot, soapy water and leave to air dry, and make sure your working surface is clean. Also wash your hands thoroughly. You want to prevent any kind of bacteria from being introduced in order to avoid problems.
- How to Legally Gain and Use Medical Marijuana Card In Palm Springs
- Detox for Marijuana
- Can You Explain What The THC In Cannabis Is?
- Why do People Use Marijuana for Recreational Purposes?
- The Versatility Of Cannabis
- Use Cannabis To Make Herbal Lip Balms
- Things To Know About Medical Marijuana
- About Supercropping and Canopy Control
- Guidelines To Marijuana Cultivation
- Various Sites To Cultivate Marijuana Outdoors
- How to prepare Cannabis Gumbo
- Strategies to maximize on indoor growth of Cannabis
- What are some of the pesticides used in Cannabis gardens?
- Fighting vermin during the growth of Cannabis
- Understanding the Use of Cannabis
- The importance of roots in Cannabis plants
- How do Cannabis plants transport water and nutrients?
- How does the Waxing phase of the moon affect the Cannabis plant? Part 2
- How do phases of the moon affect Cannabis cultivation? Part 1
- An Insight into Medicinal Cannabis
- Quitting Cannabis: How to break the vice!
- Legalization of Cannabis: Should Marijuana be legalized or not?
- Planting Marijuana from Seed
- Marijuana Laws in Oklahoma
- Indoor Marijuana Growing is becoming More Popular
- How AIDS Sufferers Have Been Helped By Medical Marijuana in Sacramento
- Guidelines for People Buying Marijuana Seeds from a Website
- Can You Buy and Sell Marijuana Seeds Legally?
- Growing Marijuana Indoors Vs Outdoors
- What you need to know about harvesting Cannabis
- The mechanics of growing Cannabis
- Finding the right site for the growth of Cannabis
- Preparing Macaroni and trees
- How to prepare mushroom Cannabis caviar
- Factors that must be considered when selecting Cannabis mother plants
- What does vegetable propagation of Cannabis entail
- Things to know about Cannabis Seeds
- When a Coffeeshop is not About Coffee
- The Pros and Cons of Buying Cheap Cannabis Seeds
- Medical Marijuana: The Defeat of California’s Prop 19