Cultural Uses of Cannabis All Over the World
Many parts of the world use cannabis for their own cultural benefits. Different countries or continents have used cannabis in one way or another and this countries include India and some parts of the African continent.
Using this plant has always been a customary part of life in India. It has been associated with medical, religious and social customs that have been used over a thousand years. This may be partially due to the fact that India has the perfect semi –arid weather conditions suitable for growing Cannabis.
It was mostly used in social activities such as weddings. In weddings it was customary that the father of the bride to bring the plants so as to prevent the evil spirits hanging around the bride and the groom. It was also a symbol of hospitality whereby the host of the house would offer a beer that was made up of marijuana to his guests. If the host failed to offer his guests this kind of beer he would be seen as being miserly and misanthropic.
Another cultural use of the plant was that it was used during yoga acts. Before carrying out the yoga act the devotee would put a bowl of cannabis before him and pay homage to the goddess of kali and then he would drink it. This would bring a sense of relief and it would heighten his yoga experience.
Last but not least in some parts of India .The people of India would use it as medicine. In the past it was recommended to patients who had certain ailments such as diarrhea, congestion and fevers. Nowadays it is still be used in India for the same purposes.
Some parts of Africa
The cultural use of cannabis is widespread throughout Africa. In many villages within Africa this plant has been used for religious, cultural and recreational purposes. It is believed that the Arabs and North Africans brought this plant to the central and southern parts of Africa. Though they brought it to Africa they did not teach us how to use it. For a particular tribe known as the Hottentots they had a ritual whereby they would throw the plants onto hot coals and they would come together and inhale the fumes .They also learned the art of smoking and from them the other tribes within the region were able to smoke cannabis. Learning the art of smoking altered the African culture from chewing to smoking and these tribes come up with other forms of cannabis consumption.
Apart from that the plant became a symbol for some of the tribes. For example in North Africa it had become a prominent symbol that was used in their music, literature and certain aspects of architecture. Some other tribes believed that this plant had magical powers and therefore it had to be smoked frequently so that they would be able to combat evil when they went to war or when they travelled. Africa became a country of cannabis cultures long before the arrival of the Europeans.
India or Africa up to date still use cannabis and it has become part of their culture.
- The Origin of Cannabis Plant
- How to control your Cannabis smoking addiction.
- Tips on How to Cure your Cannabis Plants.
- Harvesting and Drying of Cannabis Plants
- How do Cannabis Plants Grow?
- How to Prevent Pests and Diseases from Attacking Your Cannabis Plants
- How to prepare beef pie using Cannabis
- Cannabis Thyme Popover Recipe
- Considerations to Make When Using Light in Indoor Cannabis Gardens
- Planting Cannabis Indoors
- Shelf Growing: Is This the Future of Cannabis Cultivation?
- Tips to Make Cannabis Cultivation Enjoyable
- Growing Cannabis at Home: What You Need to Know
- The Correlation between Humidity and Your Cannabis Plants
- What is the Use of Coco Coir in Cannabis Cultivation?
- What to look out for when choosing a hood for your Cannabis plants
- Choosing Bulbs for Your Indoor Cannabis Garden
- What to Remember When Choosing a Grow Light System for Your Cannabis Garden
- Medical Marijuana Can Help Treat Insomnia
- Why Being Addicted To Cannabis Is Harmful
- Easy Indoor Marijuana Growing Guidelines
- Marijuana Growing – Some Simple Tips And Reminders
- California Vs Orange County: The Fight over Medical Marijuana
- Effects Of Cannabis Use To The Human Brain
- Growing Your Cannabis Outdoors
- Making A Decision About Cannabis Strains To Cultivate
- Medical Marijuana: A Wonder Drug or an Unsafe Herb?
- Does Smoking Cannabis Affect A Person’s Intelligence?
- Improving The Quality Of Your Marijuana
- Cannabis Cultivation Tips For New Growers
- Medical Marijuana Dispensary: What Are The Steps To Open A Dispensary?
- Marijuana for ADHD?
- The Negative Effects Of Smoking Marijuana
- How To Build A Decent Cannabis Grow Room Setup
- What Are The Best Marijuana Strains To Grow?
- An Explanation For Marijuana's Effects
- Cannabis Strain Suggestions
- How To Get Started In Marijuana Growing
- Medical Marijuana Access Regulations in Canada
- What Is The Value Of THC?