Growing Marijuana Outside
The marijuana plant is one of the easiest to grow and as long as you take a few simple precautions then you will have a strong and bountiful crop.
Getting The Right Seed
It is important that when you are selecting the seed that you select one that is suited to the position and climate that the plant will face when it is in the ground. You may have to sacrifice some potency or yield to get something that will grow properly where you intend to plant it. Remember if the plant doesn’t thrive then you might not get anything useful at all so it is better to get a little hardier variety that will give you a much better chance of getting a good trouble free crop.
Germinating The Seeds
The easiest way to germinate the seeds is to place to place the seeds on a wet paper towel and place a second paper towel over the top. The seeds need a damp warm environment so putting them in a plastic bag can help retain the moisture.
When the seeds germinate you need to be careful not to touch the root with your fingers and not to damage the root. I recommend a potting mix in some small seedling pots so that things are easy to handle. Place the seeds a few centimeters down in the potting mix with the root pointing down and then cover.
As the plant starts to grow it will set its first two leaves this is the signal to start giving it as much light as possible to encourage growth and care should be taken to keep the pot moist but not wet. No fertilizer at all until it has a second set of leaves and then small doses of a nitrogen based fertilizer, which will encourage growth. Light should be 24/7 at this stage but care needs to be taken that it is not to close to the plant.
Once the plant has reached about 10 inches high or 25 centimeters then it is a good time to plant them outside. The plant needs to be taken out of its pot and excess potting mix removed. It is also a good idea to gently, tease out the roots so that it is encouraged to spread out as much as possible.
Make sure that there is plenty of room in the hole and try to keep the soil level the same so that the plant is in the same position in the ground as it was in the pot. Back fill the hole and give it a good watering.
It is a good idea to let the plant get over the shock of transplanting before fertilizing so wait until you see new growth before fertilizing and small amounts of nitrogen based only. A great plant can be quickly killed by fertilizer burn if you are too generous so be careful. A sign that the plant may need nitrogen is if the outside of the leaves star to yellow.
- Cannabis Nutrient Problems
- Cannabis a Truly Sustainable Crop
- Versatile Cannabis Plant!
- Omega 6 from Cannabis Seeds
- Marijuana Seeds: A Healthy Food?
- What Are The Health And Fitness Benefits Of Cannabis?
- The Advantages of Auto Flowering Cannabis Seeds
- Cannabis’ Health Risks
- Marijuana Outdoor Cultivation Tricks
- Weed Plant Problems
- Practical Marijuana Growing Strategies
- Is Marijuana Legalization Coming Way Soon For All States Of The World?
- Why And How To Consume Cannabis Seeds
- Disease that Affect Marijuana Plants - Verticillium Wilt
- The wonderful experience of the Cannabis Cup
- Marijuana: The Ideal Food
- Marijuana or Hemp?
- Marijuana Derivative: Superfood
- Get A Better Look At Cannabis' Substances
- What Can Marijuana Do To The Human Brain?
- Get A Better Look At Marijuana’s Substances
- Marijuana Growing And Harvesting Strategies
- Tips On How To Effectively Water Cannabis Plants
- Fertilizer That Could Be Beneficial To Your Cannabis Plants
- Watering Process Of The Marijuana Plant
- Sweet Seeds Climb the Ranks with New Additions to Their Catalogue
- Spider Mites and Marijuana Plants
- Preventing Problems With Root Growth In Cloned Marijuana Plants
- Protein Intake Substitutes For The Cannabis Protein Powder
- Why You Should Install A Ventilation System For Your Indoor Marijuana Grow?
- The Different Forms of Cannabis
- What are some of the applications that Cannabis farmers can use?
- A recipe for preparing pineapple carrot cake using Cannabis
- The Best Way to Install a Marijuana Lighting System
- Maintaining the Ideal Temperature for Marijuana Plants
- The Importance of Humidity for Marijuana Plants
- What You Should Know About A Potassium Deficiency
- Why Use Cannabis Lotion?
- Test Your Newborn Baby For Marijuana
- Legalizing Cannabis - Why Or Why Not