How to control odor in a Cannabis grow room
In spite of their relative ease of management, Cannabis grow rooms are sometimes plagued by a number of problems. Perhaps the most ubiquitous of these is odor. Odor from the Cannabis grow room may result form a number of cultivation procedures. The first is usually the use of compost manure. For new farmers, sometimes they opt to use compost manure in place of commercial fertilizers. While this is a good move, it often comes with its own challenges. There are a number of reasons why compost manure is used.
The first reason is that it is cheap. Initial costs in setting up a grow room may sometimes become so prohibitive that novice farmers use this chance to cut on costs where possible. By using compost manure, the cost of buying fertilizers is drastically reduced. Secondly, some farmers use compost manure for the production of Carbon dioxide (CO2). CO2 is the gas that Cannabis plants use, with the production of oxygen (O2) in return. The use of compost manure to meet these needs occurs when bacteria breakdown the decomposing matter. As a result of the decomposition process, a lot of odor is produced. This not only makes the use of compost unhygienic, it also makes gardening quite a difficult task.
This creates the need to find methods which will help control this odor, if not completely eliminate it. There are several methods to get this done, all with different success rates.
- The first method is to find alternative sources of fertilizers. One option is to use commercial fertilizers. Despite the initial cost, this is the only permanent solution to eradicating the smell completely. Fertilizers are available at online vendors; just make sure you shop wisely.
- The second option is the use of charcoal filtration. The charcoal particles absorb the smell, and are usually discarded after some time; otherwise they fail to serve their purpose. After deodorizing with the charcoal, you may use an ionizer to get rid of any remaining odor.
- There are several brands of ozone generators available. The generators work by absorbing the odor molecules. When used correctly as per the manufacturer’s instructions, the generators are very effective in eliminating the odor.
- The use of carbon filters is also quite common. The odor passes through the installed filters, in effect getting rid of the smell. Many Cannabis users can attest to the effectiveness of the carbon filters in Cannabis grow rooms.
- The last tip to use in getting rid of the odor is the use of drops. These drops are available commercially under different brand names.
It is important to note however, that these deodorizing solutions are highly dependent on the size of the grow room. Carbon filters for example, have to be installed at strategic points in the grow room. If you have a large room, it means the use of many carbon filters. The same principle applies in the installation of air conditioning fans. Whatever the remedial choice, it is important to provide the right conditions for your Cannabis plants.
- How is it possible to tell that harvest time is nearing?
- Growing purple Cannabis
- Growing Cannabis: choosing between soil and hydroponics
- Some Long-Term and Short-Term Effects Of Marijuana On The Brain
- Use Marijuana For Arthritis
- What Harm Does Marijuana Abuse Bring?
- What To Do With Indoor Cannabis Seeds
- Consequences of Smoking Marijuana
- Cannabis vs. Whey Protein
- How Testing For Cannabis Works
- Risks of Smoking Cannabis throughout Pregnancy
- Dangers of Inhaling Cannabis Smoke
- Some Treatments for Cannabis Addiction
- The Consequences of Smoking Cannabis on Athletes
- Negative Effects of Marijuana Abuse
- Marijuana Abuse
- Does Marijuana Really Harden Bones?
- Cannabis clones
- Using Cannabis pollen
- Can utility bills give you away as a Cannabis farmer?
- Why Quit Smoking Marijuana?
- Use Medical Marijuana For Chronic Back Pains
- Know How To Get Your Own Medical Marijuana Card
- Grow Cannabis Legally
- The effect of mangos on Cannabis consumption
- Dealing with Cannabis that has over dried
- The use of Cannabis in management of diarrhea
- Cinderella 99 and Panama red Cannabis
- What you need to know about cannabis pancakes
- How to make Cannabis cupcakes
- Cannabis banana bread
- Cocoa Kush Cannabis
- Top Health Benefits of Medical Marijuana
- How Can I Assist My Daughter To Quit Smoking Marijuana?
- How to Manage Teenagers Smoking Cannabis (Weed)
- The Results of Constant Use of Cannabis
- Side Effects of Stopping Smoking Cannabis
- Why Some People Want To Grow Their Own Medical Marijuana
- Want To Try Indoor Weed Growing?
- Cannabis Use – The Short-Term Effects