How to cure Nutrient Deficiencies in Marijuana Plants
One of the biggest concerns when growing marijuana plants is the presence of a nutrient deficiency. Whether your cannabis plant is suffering from Nitrogen, Calcium, Phosphorus, or Potassium deficiencies consider using the following methods to get your plants in order.
If your plants are suffering from a nitrogen deficiency, by using products that are created from alfalfa or cottonseed you can counteract the issue. The use of these products acts as a nitrogen fertilizer after being added to the soil. Both commercial versions of alfalfa meal or cottonseed meal are high in nitrogen. If you decide to use either product, make sure you find pesticide free versions. Another option for treating a nitrogen deficiency is the use of fish meal or fish emulsion. Fish meal is a powdered product made up of ground up fish parts, while the fish emulsion is the liquid remnants of fish.
Cal-Mag is a product that can be used when your plants have a deficiency of calcium. Cal-Mag is a combination of calcium and magnesium; though it also contains phosphorus, potassium, and nitrogen. This type of product should only be used during a marijuana plant’s vegetative stage. If you were to use it during the flowering stage, the plant will get more nitrogen than it needs. Calcium Nitrate can also be used to treat a calcium deficiency in your plants. Typically used as a fertilizer, calcium nitrate is made up of 15% nitrogen, which means that you need to use caution to prevent an abundance of nitrogen.
In order to cure a deficiency of potassium, granite dust acts as a slow-release to provide potassium and other micronutrients. If you’re going to use granite dust then you should mix it half and half with compost. This will aid in the growth of the organic matter that feeds the micro-organisms in your plant. The use of granite dust will also make your soil thicker, which will help keep your plants in place and prevent them from being knocked down. Another treatment for potassium deficiency is the use of Greensand, a soft type of rock that is rich in iron and potassium. Similar to granite dust, it is best when used during the flowering stage of your plants and should be combined with compost.
While it is high in phosphorus, which makes it useful for plants with a phosphorus deficiency, guano also contains a large amount of nitrogen. Most people think of bats when they hear the term guano, but this can also refer to bird guano. Guano is added to the soil to correct deficiencies; though, later on it can spray onto the soil by combining a ¼ cup of guano with a gallon of water.
Additional Treatments are Available
There are a number of additional treatment options for all manner of nutrient deficiency. No matter which treatment you seek for your plant deficiency, you need to consider the stage of your marijuana plant growth, as some options are best when used during different stages.
- Using the Nutrient Film Technique for Growing Marijuana
- What to do if a Marijuana Plant was Knocked Down
- How to Pass a Marijuana Drug Test by Tampering
- Marijuana and Marijuana Inspired Christmas Gift Ideas
- Marijuana Banana Bread Recipe
- Cannabis And Arthritis
- Should Marijuana Or Cannabis Be Legalized?
- Some Benefits Of Medical Cannabis
- Useful Tips For New Marijuana Growers
- Info On Marijuana’s Flowering Stage
- Marijuana Grow Room Ideas
- Passing a Marijuana Drug Test
- Orange Bud Marijuana
- Marijuana or Weed?
- Marijuana Equipment
- Know about Marijuana and Soil
- Marijuana and Mangoes
- What Amount Of Marijuana I Can Get From A Plant?
- Using the Net to Order Marijuana Seeds
- Using Ovens to Cure Your Marijuana
- Special Cannabis Mint and Choc Chip Cookies
- Rice Cannabis Crispy Recipe
- The Most Important Requirements of a Marijuana Plant
- The Correct Concentration of Minerals in the Nutrient Solution for Marijuana Plants
- What Effect do Micro Nutrients Have on Cannabis Plants?
- Mature marijuana flowers: Know When to Harvest
- Is Marijuana Better or Worse For You than Alcohol?
- A Recipe for Strawberry Shortcake with a Cannabis Twist
- A Recipe for Cannabis Caramels
- Medical Marijuana Research and Glaucoma
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Treatment with Medical Marijuana
- Treatment of Spasticity with Medical Cannabis
- Looking For Cannabis Seeds Online
- What Cannabis Seed Oil Is
- The Two Sides Of Cannabis
- Tips On How To Water Cannabis Plants
- Cultivating Your Own Cannabis Plants
- Take Advantage Of High Class Cannabis Yield
- How Safe is Medical Marijuana?
- The Pros and Cons of Growing Marijuana in Soil