How to Determine the Sex of a Cannabis Plant
There are many ways to find out the sex of the marijuana plant. You can either wait until your plants show naturally the signs of gender. From there, you can remove all the male plants so that they do not pollinate your female plants. Pollinated female plants will give more seeds, which defeats the whole objective of growing marijuana for its resins. The disadvantage to this is that you can waste time and energy-growing plants only to find out that the plants you are growing are all males. There is a better way to determine the sex of a cannabis plant.
How to determine the sex of a cannabis plant
First take a clone from the unverified marijuana plant strain and label both the strain and the mother plant so that you know which clone came from which corresponding mother. Once you have identified the strain and the mother .The next step is to provide for them certain environmental conditions so that they are able to germinate and have established roots and then provide them with a light schedule of 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness. Ensure that you are giving them nutrients and water but as for the nutrients please check the pH levels of the nutrients and also have balanced salts so that the cannabis plant do not die because of too much nutrients .
After all the instructions been followed to the latter you will notice in the strain it will start revealing their gender in a week or two .if it’s a male plant certain characteristics will appear you will see grape like balls which form and fill with pollen after that the plants will change and flower and if it is a female plant you will see white hair. Once you have determined the gender of your strains you should make sure that you dispose your male plants.
One thing about your female cannabis plants is that their characteristics take a bit longer to show up than their male counter parts .The female plants develop white hairs which were mentioned a bit earlier. The hairs grow where the buds are going to start forming .They usually appears where the main stem connects to the individual nodes or branches are. Point to note if the female plant strain is kept in a vegetative state for a long time then the growth of the hairs will take a short time to be seen.
In conclusion, the only disadvantage of this test is that it will need a lot of patience for you to grow the cannabis plants. Apart from that it has many advantages one of them is that it save you a lot of money if you did not perform this test and found out that you have planted only male plants it would mean that you have to throw them and it would be considered a loss because you invested time and money and lastly another advantage is that you aware of the differences and you can grow your plants the way you want them to be.
- The Differences between Male and Female Cannabis Plants
- The Process of Pollination in a Cannabis Plant
- Cannabis use by Women in Jamaica
- How do Cannabis Plants Grow with Hydroponic Nutrient Solution?
- How to Make Cannabis Resin
- How to Regulate the Amount Of pH in Your Cannabis Plants
- The types of hydroponic nutrients for cannabis plants
- What are the Effects of Using Cannabis?
- The Different Techniques of Cultivating Cannabis
- Learn Some Interesting Facts About Cannabis
- Review on Facts about Cannabis.
- Three Steps in Draining the Cannabis Reservoirs in the Bubbleponics System
- Cultural uses of the cannabis plant in North America and South America
- The Rastafarian use of the cannabis plant
- Cultural Uses of Cannabis All Over the World
- The Origin of Cannabis Plant
- How to control your Cannabis smoking addiction.
- Tips on How to Cure your Cannabis Plants.
- Harvesting and Drying of Cannabis Plants
- How do Cannabis Plants Grow?
- How to Prevent Pests and Diseases from Attacking Your Cannabis Plants
- How to prepare beef pie using Cannabis
- Cannabis Thyme Popover Recipe
- Considerations to Make When Using Light in Indoor Cannabis Gardens
- Planting Cannabis Indoors
- Shelf Growing: Is This the Future of Cannabis Cultivation?
- Tips to Make Cannabis Cultivation Enjoyable
- Growing Cannabis at Home: What You Need to Know
- The Correlation between Humidity and Your Cannabis Plants
- What is the Use of Coco Coir in Cannabis Cultivation?
- What to look out for when choosing a hood for your Cannabis plants
- Choosing Bulbs for Your Indoor Cannabis Garden
- What to Remember When Choosing a Grow Light System for Your Cannabis Garden
- Medical Marijuana Can Help Treat Insomnia
- Why Being Addicted To Cannabis Is Harmful
- Easy Indoor Marijuana Growing Guidelines
- Marijuana Growing – Some Simple Tips And Reminders
- California Vs Orange County: The Fight over Medical Marijuana
- Effects Of Cannabis Use To The Human Brain
- Growing Your Cannabis Outdoors