Legal Drugs that Test Positive for THC
According to the news and various drug agencies, marijuana is the most highly used illegal drugs in the United States. Because of this, employers, schools, and parents all over the country are choosing to administer drug tests on their employees, students, or children. The chemical delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, otherwise known as THC, is the active ingredient in marijuana. It is the chemical that causes the pleasurable euphoria of being “high.” This is also the chemical that will show up in a urine drug test.
What many people do no know is that there are many over the counter or prescription medications that can also cause a positive drug test for THC. This has created problems all over as falsely accused people fight the results of a drug test where they have tested positive for marijuana use. We have created a list of different drugs that have occasionally produced a false-positive drug test.
DRONABINOL: This drug is the generic name for the drug Marinol, which is a medical form of marijuana. This drug is used to treat patients who are undergoing treatment for chemotherapy, as it has been proven to help quell the nausea and vomiting associated with it. It can also be used for AIDS patients, people struggling with anorexia, and several other diseases. Since it actually contains THC, it will obviously cause a positive test result.
NAPROXEN SODIUM: This is a popular anti-inflammatory drug that is available over the counter, or in stronger doses as a prescription. People with various forms of arthritis or other chronic pain issues frequently use this as a pain reliever. It has been reported to show up as THC in a urine test.
IBUPROFEN: Another well-known over the counter pain reliever/anti-inflammatory drug is Ibuprofen. Many combinations of drugs such as cold medicines also contain this drug. Although most research belies the fact that it will cause a false positive for THC, reports have been made that it does occasionally happen.
KETOPROFIN: This is a lesser-known drug in the same category as ibuprofen and naproxen sodium, and is used to treat chronic pain and inflammation of the joints. It can be used as a non narcotic pain reliever. However, it does show up as THC on a drug test.
PROMETHAZINE: This drug is an allergy medicine that is available by prescription only. It has also been successfully used for its ability to help curb nausea and vomiting. Some physicians even use it to help relax patients before surgery, as it causes extreme drowsiness and relaxation. This medication, or any other medication with this as an ingredient, can cause a person to test positive for marijuana.
There may be other legal drugs that can produce a positive urine drug test. Because of this, the best thing you can do to prevent problems is to make a list of all medicines you are taking or have taken for four days prior to the test. This includes natural or herbal supplements. In this way, if your tests show that you are positive for marijuana, you have a ready list of what drugs may have caused it.
- Flax Oil Vs Cannabis Oil
- Cannabis Sativa: The Largest Marijuana Strains
- Indoor Growing Guide to Cannabis
- A Molybdenum Deficiency in Marijuana Plants
- Comparing Olive Oil and Cannabis Seed Oil
- Cannabis Ban in Los Angeles Lifted
- An Easy to Follow Cannabis Butter Recipe
- Important Aspects Of Great Marijuana Grow Room Or Garden: Hygiene
- Problems with Marijuana Buds
- Basic Knowledge That Anyone Should Have On Cannabis
- Shampoo with Marijuana
- Marijuana the Truth!
- Is Cannabis Oil Healthy?
- Medical Cannabis Basic Facts
- Advantages Of A Cannabis Card
- Some Medical Applications Of Marijuana
- Advanced Marijuana Cultivation Tips
- Tips To Grow Marijuana/Cannabis
- Tips In Growing Marijuana Indoors
- Preparing Alfredo POTsa sauce using Cannabis
- Part two: Specifications of using the Sea of Green to grow Cannabis
- Part one: Specifications of using the Sea of Green to grow Cannabis
- Can Stress Be a Factor in Producing Hermaphrodite Marijuana Plants?
- Experience a Cannabis Protein and Coconut Oil Shake: Healthy and Delicious
- Correctly Drying Your Marijuana
- The Nutritional Value of Cannabis Protein
- Hemp Protein – The New King of the Plant Kingdom
- What are the California Marijuana Laws?
- Solutions For Marijuana Detox Pains
- Are You In Favor Of Legalizing Cannabis?
- Facts About The Legal Marijuana In Michigan
- Cannabis Outdoor Growing Bits Of Advice
- Marijuana Cultivation Room Plan & Set Up
- Techniques To Germinate Cannabis Seeds
- Automatic Controlling Of Temperature And Humidity In Your Grow Room
- Marijuana Plants and Pesky Animal Control
- Things to Know About the Pollination Process of Marijuana
- Eating Marijuana and Alfalfa
- Facts about Marijuana Protein
- How to Make Bloody Marijuana