Marijuana Laws in Oklahoma
While many people are aware that Oklahoma leads the nation in the illegal use and manufacturing of methamphetamine, most people do not know that there is actually more marijuana use in this state than methamphetamine.
Marijuana plants seem to thrive in the climate of Oklahoma. As recently as 2008, law enforcement officials discovered several acres of marijuana plants growing in the wild. This is not considered high-quality marijuana, as the plants were not planted by anyone or taken care of. The officials actually destroyed the plants in order to remove temptation from people who might think they should harvest or cultivate the crop for recreational use.
If an individual had been responsible for the planting and cultivation of this crop of wild marijuana, they would have been in flagrant violation of the drug laws in the state of Oklahoma. In fact, the laws regarding the use or possession of marijuana in this state are some of the strictest in the nation. Regardless of how small the amount of marijuana, anyone caught cultivating, using, or possessing the drug will face prison from 2-5 years and hefty fines of $10,000-$50,000.
Although most states deem certain amounts of marijuana to be a misdemeanor no matter how many times a person is convicted of it. In the state of Oklahoma, however, there is far less leeway. If a person is caught using or cultivating any amount of the drug one time, it is a misdemeanor. If they are caught again, it is a felony, even if the amount of marijuana is only enough to fill a pipe. If an individual is discovered to be selling marijuana near schools or to minors, the crime is considered to be enhanced and can result in felony drug trafficking charges.
At this point in time, fourteen different states plus the District of Columbia have acknowledged that there are valid medical reasons for some people to use marijuana. These states have passed laws decriminalizing the drug for people with specific medical conditions. They have also enabled people holding prescriptions to grow a specific amount for personal use. It is believed that in time, most of the other states in the United States will follow suit.
Oklahoma, however, remains very firm in their belief that marijuana has absolutely no medical benefits whatsoever, and have not even begun to consider legalizing the drug for any reason. Despite the ongoing efforts of pro-marijuana lobbyists, the lawmakers in this state have not budged on their anti-marijuana stance.
Many people cite the fact that marijuana smoke is more harmful than cigarette smoke, thereby increasing the chances of lung cancer in people smoking it. Others claim the drug is highly addictive and is just as dangerous as other street drugs like heroin or methamphetamine. Regardless of the reasoning behind it, most of the state is definitely strongly against the thought of legalizing the drug.
No matter what the opinions of people are, whether there are valid medical reasons for use of the drug or not, it remains a highly illegal drug. People who are caught growing, possessing, or using this drug are harshly punished. An Oklahoma drug defense lawyer is a necessity for those people facing drug law violations.
- Indoor Marijuana Growing is becoming More Popular
- How AIDS Sufferers Have Been Helped By Medical Marijuana in Sacramento
- Guidelines for People Buying Marijuana Seeds from a Website
- Can You Buy and Sell Marijuana Seeds Legally?
- Growing Marijuana Indoors Vs Outdoors
- What you need to know about harvesting Cannabis
- The mechanics of growing Cannabis
- Finding the right site for the growth of Cannabis
- Preparing Macaroni and trees
- How to prepare mushroom Cannabis caviar
- Factors that must be considered when selecting Cannabis mother plants
- What does vegetable propagation of Cannabis entail
- Things to know about Cannabis Seeds
- When a Coffeeshop is not About Coffee
- The Pros and Cons of Buying Cheap Cannabis Seeds
- Medical Marijuana: The Defeat of California’s Prop 19
- Sacramento Values Medical Marijuana
- The Importance of Controlling the pH Level in Marijuana Cultivation
- The Beginners Guide to Growing Marijuana Hydroponically Part-II
- The Beginners Guide to Growing Marijuana Hydroponically Part-I
- Sacramento Benefits from Medical Marijuana
- Qualifying for Medical Marijuana
- Know How to Qualify For Medical Cannabis
- THC and CBD Affect the Potency of Cannabis
- Rodelization to Feminize Your Marijuana Seeds
- Lowlife AK47 Seeds
- Opening your own Marijuana Dispensary
- Online Coffeeshops and Purchasing Cannabis Seeds
- Obtaining a Medical Marijuana Card in Sacramento
- Low Stress Training: How to Control Your Marijuana Plants without Harming Them
- How to Pick the Perfect Marijuana Seeds
- How to make Marijuana Seeds into Thriving Plants
- Medical Marijuana Nationwide
- Medical Marijuana Doctors
- Medical Cannabis Programs in California
- How NOT to Get Caught Growing Marijuana
- Feminizing Your Marijuana Seeds
- Things to Know about Auto Flowering Cannabis Seeds
- Conquering a Marijuana Addiction
- Banning Synthetic Cannabis