Pest Attack: Marijuana and the Whitefly
One of the biggest pests that you are ever going to be unlucky enough to come across is the Whitefly. These pests are attracted by the smell that your Marijuana plants give off and will arrive in swarms to attack. You won’t spot them straightaway as they will reside, out of sight, beneath the leaves of your plants, along with the spider mite, and, for such a small creature, they can do a great deal of damage. Whiteflies are miniscule and they are responsible for spreading disease. They will start to nibble on one leaf, then onto another, and so on. And, they don’t just stick to one area either. Whiteflies travel great distances, bringing in diseases from far flung areas, and aiding these diseases to spiral out of control.
To check if your Marijuana plants have been invaded by this tiny pest, give the plants a good shake. You will know if you have an infestation because you will see a swarm of what appears to be white dust that flies off when disturbed.
The Whitefly like to munch on the stems and the leaves of the Marijuana plant. They discharge a sticky substance similar to honeydew, pretty much the same as aphids do and this is how the disease spreads. Considering their tiny size they are responsible for a great deal of damage to food crops and, as Marijuana is used for human consumption , it comes under this heading. Pesticides will do no good as the Whitefly has an immunity to them; this makes them even more difficult to get rid of and, as they arrive in such great numbers they are extremely difficult to control. The old saying “prevention is better than cure” has never been truer for anything else – the only sure way to control them is to stop them in the first place.
One good way to stop Whitefly is to use something called Companion Planting. Both Zinnia and Marigold flowers, planted in amongst your crop, are good deterrents for a wide range of insects, including the Whitefly. This is because, they are brightly colored flowers and attract a range of other insect life, including Whitefly predators. The Hummingbird Bush, Bee Balm and Pineapple Sage are also good deterrents as they produce strong smelling scents that hide the scent of plants that attract the Whitefly.
Even if you go to all the trouble of planting your Marijuana garden out with all these wonderful plants, you may still be unlucky enough to suffer from an invasion. However, don’t despair because help is at hand with a very simple oil spray. Add two tablespoons of a vegetable oil to a gallon of water and spray your plants with it, being especially careful to coat the undersides of every leaf. You should do this twice a week for as long as it takes to rid your plants of this pest. You can also use a garlic oil spray that is similar to one used to fight aphids.
- Marijuana Nutrient Deficiency: Zinc
- Nutrient Deficiencies in Marijuana: Magnesium
- Birds and Marijuana
- Marijuana and Soil
- Marijuana Armband Making Variations
- The Debate About Marijuana
- Benefits Associated With A Cannabis Card
- The Issue Regarding Marijuana Use
- Warning Signs Of Virus-Infected Marijuana Plants
- Information On Supercropping and Canopy Control
- The Signs Of Virus-Infected Cannabis Plants
- Growing Cannabis for Treating Mental Disorder
- Treating Diseases with Medical Marijuana
- The Truth Behind Marijuana And Cannabis Seed
- What You Should Know About Cannabis
- The Little Known Health Benefits Of Cannabis Seeds
- How to Make Belgian Waffles With Marijuana
- How To Fertilize The Soil For Marijuana Plant
- The Best Way To Approach A Marijuana Addict
- How Big An Area Do I Need To Grow Cannabis?
- Options for Growing Marijuana Indoors-Troubleshooting
- How to Make Cannabis Bracelet Knots
- Get Affordable Medical Marijuana Treatments using your Marijuana Card
- Fungus Gnats a Cannabis Pest
- Control Your Lighting System, Control Your Marijuana
- Choose Your Marijuana Seeds Wisely
- Marijuana Plants Need CO2
- Cannabis Planet, a TV Show That Becoming Popular
- Marijuana In A Nutshell
- Enjoy Cannabis Fudge
- Cannabis and How It Can Affect You
- Can Cannabis Milk Replace the Cow Milk?
- Bugs That Attack Cannabis Plants
- Banana Flavored Muffins with a Cannabis Twist
- Marijuana Armbands with Stones
- Friendship Bracelets made from Cannabis
- Marijuana Pests: Cats And Dogs
- Cheese Marijuana
- Popularity Of Marijuana Armbands For Men
- How to Make Cannabis Bracelets