Safe Ways to Use Cannabis
The continuing expansion of medical marijuana laws has meant that many people who have never had experience with using cannabis are looking for safe and effective ways to get the therapeutic effects. We will look at some safer ways to use cannabis so that whichever method you prefer you do it in the safest possible way.
The traditional way to consume marijuana is to smoke it in a cigarette, pipe or using a water filtering method like a bong. There are two areas of concern with these methods. The first is the smoke that is generated in burning the cigarette that the cannabis is in. This is similar in content to cigarette smoke and as such has similar effects on people that smoke marijuana cigarettes or other similar devices. Medical users generally smoke cannabis products much less often than cigarette smokers but there are no safe levels of smoking so this needs to be considered. The second problem is the lighting device used to fire the cigarette, pipe or bong. Lighters and in particular butane lighters can generate toxic fumes and should be avoided.
An alternative method is to use a vaporizer. These devices use a heating element to heat the marijuana to a temperature that vaporizes the THC and other cannabinols allowing them to be inhaled. They do not burn the plant material so no smoke and very little carbon monoxide is produced. This is a much healthier and more effective way to get the active ingredients into your lungs and metabolized without the chemicals contained in smoke and the carbon monoxide from the burning process.
The large market that vaporizers can potentially be supplied to has seen many models introduced with a large variability in their effectiveness. The main problems are, poorly controlled or designed heating elements and the use of low quality and plastic parts in the heated areas that may give off toxic fumes. Some units use a butane fueled heating elements instead of electrical elements. This can lead to a person inhaling butane directly, which is dangerous and can cause severe health consequences.
An alternative to inhalation is to eat food products that contain cannabis. There is a large range and they are easily transportable and can be used in places where you would not be able to smoke or vaporize marijuana. Edible cannabis products have two drawbacks. The first is that they can take some time to begin having an effect, where inhalation is almost instantaneous. The second is that the product is metabolized in a different way it is absorbed through the stomach and gastrointestinal tract. It then passes through the liver which changes the form of the THC which is one of the main active substances in the cannabis.
The changed THC can in some cases be more or less effective than THC that is inhaled and in most cases there needs to be a larger dose consumed for a similar effect. The positive is that the effect is usually much longer lasting.
- How to Sex Your Marijuana Plants
- Growing Marijuana: Spacing and Broadcast Seeding
- Cannabis Seed Oil Info
- Important Questions When Growing Cannabis
- Few Tips On Buying Marijuana Seeds To Grow
- Growing Marijuana Outdoors: Seed Germination
- Medical Cannabis Registration and Possession Rules
- Marijuana Information
- How to Use the Cannabis You Have Harvested
- Cannabis Capitols: Prague
- Cannabis and THC Concentrations
- Cannabis Plant Abuse
- Using a Grow Box for Cannabis Cultivation
- Step by Step Procedure of Building the Cannabis Grow Box
- Preparing Garlic Almond Chicken Using Cannabis
- The Recipe for Cannabis Salsa
- How to Prepare Chicken Tetrazzini Using Cannabis
- Preparing Cake Using Cannabis Oil
- How Much Water Should You Use For the Cannabis Plant?
- Making a Tremble Cannabis Joint Quickly
- How to Roll a Joint for Cannabis Smoking
- How do You Choose the Right Type of Soil to Grow Your Cannabis Crop
- Advantages of Performing Cloning for Cannabis Plants
- Is There Anything Like Hermaphrodite Cannabis Plants?
- What is the Importance of Pruning Cannabis Crops
- Preparing the Roach (Filter) for a Cannabis Joint
- Handy Tips You Could Use When Rolling a Cannabis Joint
- Part three: What you must remember when preparing the Cannabis mixture of a joint
- Part two: What you must remember when preparing the Cannabis mixture of a joint
- Part1: What You Must Remember When Preparing the Cannabis Mixture of a Joint
- Joint Rolling Papers for Cannabis
- Growing Marijuana Outdoors: Moving and Transplanting
- Growing Marijuana Outdoors: How to Get Started
- Growing Marijuana Outdoors: Keep Your Crop Secure
- Get Cannabis Information with the Weed Bible
- Cannabis Treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Cannabis Cooperatives and Marijuana Dispensaries
- Use Cannabis For Cancer
- Simple Reminders When Growing Weed Indoors
- Cannabis Seed Choices For Growing