Using Marijuana in Cooking
The majority of marijuana recipes are going to assume you are using cannabis leaves, mostly due to the fact that it will be less expensive. This is not to say that cooking with something more potent (such as kief, hash, or bud), is impossible. When using buds, just follow the conversion scales mentioned below.
Use the following, for every 1 ounce of regular domestic leaf:
6-15 grams of medium-grade buds
3-7 grams of high-grade buds
3-4 grams of hash or best-quality buds
Ingesting Edible Marijuana
Many people enjoy consuming marijuana cooked into edibles, due to the gradual effect it can have. Smoking cannabis allows you to immediately feel the results, while eating cannabis can take 20 minutes or longer to reach your system.
There is a lot of uncertainty when it comes to consuming marijuana. The main issue being the number of factors that alter the time it takes for your body to absorb the THC as well as how long the effects will last. When eating on a full stomach, your body will take longer to absorb the THC from the marijuana. If you eat marijuana just after a big meal, it may take up to 3 hours to take effect. In contrast, eating on an empty stomach will allow your body to absorb the THC quicker. Due to this unpredictability, some choose to nibble on it, letting the effects of the THC linger for a longer time. This is also a good idea if you are not sure about the dosage of your edibles. Since the DEA does not allow the testing of THC levels in edibles, if you are buying prepared marijuana consumables, a good idea is to eat half of it and wait to see how it impacts you.
Preparing Cannabis for Cooking
Before you can cook with your cannabis, you need to prepare it. Since THC is oil-based, the best options for this are alcohol, oil, or milk. Additionally, think about using Lecithin or Glycerin. Both are considered an emulsifier, facilitating the mixture of oil and water. You'll find that Lecithin is used in many commercial food products, such as milk, soybeans, or salad dressings. This is due to the fact that the emulsifier keeps ingredients from separating.
Marijuana Makes Weak Tea
Some people may enjoy marijuana steeped in hot water as tea, though this often results in very low amounts of THC reaching your system. Since THC is not a water soluble compound, it is very hard for the THC to mix into the tea. If you are to attempt making tea with marijuana, you should boil it in hot water for at least 30 minutes. Even this may result in negligible effects, as boiling water does not create enough heat to convert the THC acid into active THC. By including milk or butter you may increase the level of THC extraction, though this can also be achieved by heating the marijuana normally to convert the THC acid into active THC.
- How Marijuana Can Help Treat Clinical Depression
- Nervousness: A Medical Marijuana Treatment
- What to consider when cloning Cannabis plants
- The process of cloning Cannabis
- What are some of the Cannabis strains that have a short flowering period?
- Looking for low odor Cannabis seeds? Here is what you need to know
- Foliar feeding of Cannabis
- The causes of phosphorous deficiency in cannabis plants
- The upside of growing cannabis hydroponically
- Using clones versus Seeds when starting a marijuana garden
- Ensuring the right PH for a healthy marijuana grow
- The various methods to water cannabis plants
- How to select the right container to plant marijuana plants in.
- Marijuana Garlic Bread
- What Marijuana Does To The Brain
- What Happens When You Abuse Cannabis
- Why Use LED Lights For Your Marijuana Grow Room
- Indoor Cannabis Growing Guidelines
- Quick Guide To Growing Marijuana
- Recognizing Quality Cannabis Seeds
- Quitting Marijuana Addiction
- Medical Marijuana and the United States
- Hulled or Non-Hulled Marijuana
- Marijuana: Electrical Safety for Indoor Growing
- Marijuana Drug Testing: How to Deal
- How to Pick Good Cannabis Seeds
- Mineral Deficiency Problems with Marijuana Plants
- Tips on How to Prevent Marijuana Pest Infestation
- Why Plant Feminized Marijuana Seeds
- The Different Forms of Medical Marijuana Edibles
- Marijuana Attributes
- Learning The Properties Of Marijuana
- Looking At The Legal Marijuana Issue
- Grow Lights For Indoor Cannabis Garden
- Germination Of Cannabis Seeds
- Marijuana Growing Advise For Newbies
- Cannabis and Our Health
- Uses of Cannabis.
- Instructions about how to Grow the Hydroponic Marijuana
- A Comparative Review on the Different Ways of Medicating with Marijuana