Why Are Hemp Seeds Considered Healthy?
What is hemp?
Hemp is a plant that is a close relative of the marijuana plant. Then hemp plant does not contain the active ingredient, THC in any significant amount.
Hemp is a tall leafy plant that can grow amazingly quickly. It has a fibrous stalk and can produce a huge amount of seeds.
Where is hemp grown?
Hemp is grown in many places throughout the world.Canada,ChinaandFranceare the biggest producers. Almost all ofFrancesproduction is used in the specialty paper industry. Of this the largest amount is used to make cigarette papers.
The largest user of hemp is theUnited States. This is ironic as the federal government in theUnited Statesprohibits the growth of hemp plants which it treats in the same way as marijuana. The largest supplier to theUnited StatesisCanadawhich sells most of its produce from its hemp crop to its southern neighbor.
What is hemp used for?
Hemp is a plant with many varied uses. The plant itself is regarded as a bio purifier and has been used in remediation efforts with soil that has been contaminated with toxic chemicals, heavy metals or radioactive particles.
Its soil health increasing ability makes it ideal as a partner crop in farms that use crop rotation. The short time to harvest, approximately four months also is highly advantageous in crop rotation. Where hemp is grown exclusively, depending on climate two or in rare cases three crops a year can be harvested.
Hemp is mainly harvested for its fibers and its seeds. The fibers are much stronger than cotton and can be used in paper or fabric production. The seeds are edible by both humans and animals. The seeds are used whole or shelled to make a number of foods which have found a market in people that are health conscious or need a balanced vegetarian diet.
Nutrition found in one serving of hemp seed (100grams)
- Energy 500Kcal
- Protein 23g
- Dietary fiber 30g
- Sugar 2g
- Fat 31g (saturates 3g)
- Calcium 75mg
- Iron 5mg
Healthy hemp seeds
Hemp is a high protein healthy food that is also high in Vitamin A, B12, C and D. The fats in hemp seeds are mostly Omega 6 and Omega 3 essential fatty acids which are present in the ideal 3:1 ratio that most nutritionists recommend.
These healthy fatty acids in hemp seeds can help with many ailments including diabetes, high blood pressure and arthritis. The hemp seeds contain no cholesterol and the sterols that it does have can help to lower your cholesterol level.
Hemp food ideas
While we have talked about hemp seeds, there are many other products you can get that are manufactured from this product. Hemp milk is increasing in popularity. It can help people that have allergies or reactions to cow’s milk, soy and nuts. It is said to be, a great tasting milk that is high in protein and calcium. Unsweetened hemp milk also has fewer calories than skim milk making it a great alternative.
Hemp products like hemp hearts, which are shelled hemp seeds are a great snack or healthy boost for morning cereals or a salad. Hemp meal and hemp flour are great alternatives in baking and have no gluten.
- Best Protection from Sunburns and Discoloration with Cannabis Seed Oil
- A Great Recipe for Vegan Hemp Bread
- Where To Acquire Marijuana Seeds
- Legal Marijuana – Beneficial Or Harmful ?
- Grow Marijuana: How-Tos
- Which Cannabis Seed Products Will Best Satisfy Your Desires?
- Choosing the Best Hemp Pants
- Marijuana as a Protein
- Making Hemp Bracelets
- How to Quit Marijuana
- Hulled VS Whole Marijuana (Cannabis) Seeds
- How to Get a Prescription for Medical Marijuana
- How Can I Get Permission to Grow Medical Marijuana?
- Varieties of Marijuana Plants
- Great Things About Medical Cannabis
- The Key Reasons Why Spend Money On Marijuana
- Discover Ways To Cultivate Weed Indoors
- The Uses and Properties of Fatty Acids in Cannabis Plant Extracts
- Marijuana Improves Millions of Lives
- Obtaining a Medical Marijuana Card
- Using Hemp for Macramé
- Is Medical Marijuana Available In Los Angeles?
- Is Medical Marijuana Addictive?
- I Live In Los Angeles Where Can I Get Medical Marijuana?
- How to Recover from Marijuana Addiction
- Repercussions Of Marijuana Use
- Characteristics of Marijuana THC
- The Best Way To Locate Marijuana Seed Banks
- Marijuana Indoor Gardening
- Preparing super baked Cannabis potato skins
- Cannabis Seed Packed With Healthy GLA
- What Is A Cannabis Dispensary?
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Cannabis Seeds
- Information about Common Marijuana Seeds
- Stuff You Must Know About Medical Organic Cannabis
- Marijuana Plant Troubles
- Marijuana Grow Room Plan & Set Up
- Certain Information Regarding Legal Marijuana In California
- Marijuana: Benefits and Risks
- Public Support and Legalization of Marijuana