The Cali grapes Cannabis strain is predominantly indica since indica represents about 90% of the strain while the remaining 10% is taken up by sativa. Parental Lineage of The Cali Grape Cannabis Strain  The parent plants of this strain are known as the California indica and the Grape Ape. The combination of the two parent plants also gave rise to the name Cali Grapes, with Cali been the short form of the name California. The plant grows well in two of the most common setups for ...